Tuesday, July 03, 2007

WEBPAGE!


I know, I'm probably the last person in the United States to get a website, but I'm very excited about it.

I've been working with the guy who created it to perfect it. The home page was a little blah, so I decided to use paintings as the buttons. It made me realize how little I know about art. I was doing image searches with things like "artist who throws paint" which was Jackson Pollock, of course, I just couldn't remember his name. I never did find the name of the artist who uses dots.

Magritte was an easy choice. I love his clearer than life painting. Hopper was another artist I wanted to use. I was leaning toward a painting of his that shows a woman sitting in front of a table with a cup of coffee for "About Me." But she looked so depressed. I didn't want everyone to think I'm that sad. So instead I went with a Seurat. I think it's a Sunday picnic painting that looks a little formal for my life. I did use a Hopper painting for the "Home" button. It shows a woman looking anxiously, maybe anticipating something fabulous, out of a gorgeous bay window. We're buying a new house in the next month or so. Maybe I'll have a window like that as I peer out the window, waiting for the perfect offer to come from a publisher.

Stop by my webpage and look around. Hopefully, all the changes will be made today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paulita, As I told you yesterday on the phone, your website is beautiful. Easy on the eye, well designed for movement from one place to another.

Emma says I should get a website--because, yes, dahlink, *I* am the last person in America not to have a website.

But I think I'll just come and visit yours from time to time and admire how cool you are.

I re-read your novel samples this morning. I think they are both good, but the poignancy of the husband leaving is really lingering in my mind. I love the opening line, too, about wishing she had saved some swear words...

Take care --

- pam

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...