Saturday, August 22, 2009

High Fat


My youngest son loves 2 percent milk, but we rarely buy it. Most of the time, I figure my kids are American and they're getting plenty of fat, so we buy skim milk. Today I was at the grocery, reaching in for the gallon of skim, organic milk when I noticed a discount sticker on the organic milk next to it. The milk usually costs about $5.69 and this was marked down to $2.49. But, it was whole milk.
Tucker has asked me to buy whole milk. He has begged me to buy whole milk. He figured as tasty as 2 percent is, whole milk must be twice as good.
So I came home with that high-fat gallon. When he returned from a friend's house, I announced my purchase. He ran to the refrigerator and screwed off the red cap. He poured the thick liquid into a glass and took a sip.
"Ohhh. That is disgusting!" he said. "That is so thick I can taste the cow."

2 comments:

Is It Just Me Or.... said...

I'd like to report the VERY SAME experience after drinking skim milk for a while. I don't know why I was faced with whole milk and while it wasn't the thickness for me, it did distinctly taste like a "COW" no other words can describe it.

I've loved bacon all my life, but don't have the opportunity to eat bacon very often. A couple weeks ago, I had picked up a piece and ate it with my fingers and yikes, I began to have the same experience. It was awful and I could not get that smell off my hands. It was not good bacon aroma smell, it was an animal pig smell.

Ruth said...

Next time try buttermilk. Yum Yum!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...