Monday, May 23, 2011

Rainbow After Rapture

A big money preacher claimed that the rapture was going to happen on May 21 at 6 p.m. Gullible people sold their belongings and quit their jobs.
Surprise.
He was wrong. Again.
On Sunday we had a rumbling thunderstorm go through. Grace and Tucker decided to make an ice cream run. My phone rang.
"Mom, you have to look. It's a double rainbow that goes all the way across the sky," Grace said.
From my front porch, I could only see portions of the rainbow.
I guess I was too close to it and the trees were in the way. I went from the front porch to the back yard taking photos of pieces of the rainbow.
Our neighbors were just pulling in from a trip to Wisconsin. They said they followed the rainbow home, getting closer and closer until they felt like they could grab it.
I thought maybe it was a gentle reminder from God, not the one who encourages people to protest with signs that say: "God hates_____ (fill in the blank)." But a God who promised:
And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

5 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

That must of been one huge rainbow ♥ the last photo looks like the very end of it , has the shape in bending inwards. :-)

Paulita said...

Hmmm, Anne, do you think I might have flipped the photo in the wrong direction?

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Lovely lovely image.

Linda said...

Nothing prettier than a rainbow. I've chased a few in my day.

BFF said...

I liked the idea of leaving empty clothes laying around as if someone had been raptured. Lol. Something I would encourage the kids to do. But seriously, I am so tired these days I may have welcomed the rapture

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...