Thursday, April 19, 2012

Daily Pleasures

Yesterday I was kvetching about parenthood, and after my 18-year-old snuggled up to me on the couch last night, showing how sorry he is for disappointing me, I'm feeling more optimistic about the future of my children. (Allow me to be delusional)
So I'd like to turn the mood around from parenting struggles to something that makes me happy.
I got a new coffee cup.
I love the big bowls of coffee that the French use in the morning.
When we were in Paris with the kids in 2006, Earl and Spencer bought me a Paris cup from the top of the Eiffel Tower. Washing dishes recently, I dropped a bowl on top of the coffee cup and chipped it.

I thought I could continue drinking my morning coffee and milk in the cup though. I would just drink from the other side. I'm left handed, so it would make sense that I'd drink my coffee left handed. But what I found out when I started paying attention, is that I drink my coffee right handed.
This weekend, I ventured into Sur La Table. I'd like to have one of everything in that store, but I settled for a new oversized coffee cup.

Of course, I couldn't come home empty handed for my husband so I bought him a present. See if you can guess what it is.

4 comments:

Lucia said...

I need a hint for this one.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Love the coffee cup..... & I believe that you bought something to smooth crêpe batter in the pan.... am I right?

Paulita said...

Sally, You're right. Guess I won't give Lucia a hint. Earl likes to make crepes and he loves kitchen gadgets, so I bought him this little gizmo.

Linda said...

I like big coffee cups too but use them for tea.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...