Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Startling Discovery

Today Grace and I made a quick 6-hour trip to Kentucky to visit my 95-year-old grandmother. She has been living with my aunt for nearly a year now since she had a stroke and got out of rehab. She'd like to live on her own again and I've promised that I'll start looking for someone to take care of her and stay with her at her home an hour farther south than my aunt.  It was nice to see my grandmother and my aunt, plus my parents were visiting from Florida, so lots of good family time. But that wasn't what startled me.
It was the gas prices. As we turned into my aunt's neighborhood, I saw a Speedway sign advertising gas for $3.22.
Before we started our trip, I had just filled up in Columbus for $3.59 and thought that was pretty cheap.
As we were leaving my aunt's, I pulled into the Speedway and found gas was even 1 cent cheaper than advertised. I got half a tank of gas for $3.21 a gallon.
Startling in this day and age.

3 comments:

Linda said...

It was over $4 at some stations in AZ. I think the prices will only go up.

Paulita said...

Linda, My parents drove home to Florida today and found gas for $2.99 in Tennessee. Maybe it's on its way down!

Esme said...

Those prices are cheap.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...