Friday, November 16, 2012

Temptation

Oh, Trader Joe's, why do you tempt me?
I bought this bottle of wine just because of the bottle shape and the lovely golden color.


 
When Tucker walked in from school, he was immediately drawn to the bottle too. "What is this?" he asked.
"Wine,"I said.
"Can I open it?" he asked. Of course, he's too young to drink, but he said he didn't want to taste it, he was just drawn to open it.
There's something definitely alluring about this bottle and the color.
I let him open it and as the cork slipped out it popped. The moscato d'asti apparently has bubbles!
I poured a little bit in a glass to taste it and sealed it. I hope it's still good when Earl gets home tonight. I'd hate to have to drink it all alone. 
As if the tempting wine was not enough, around the next corner at  Trader Joe's, I found these holiday favorites: shortbread cookies covered with chocolate.
Hurry home college kids before I eat them all.

4 comments:

DCMetroreader said...

I wish our Trader Joe's was allowed to sell wine. It looks like you made an excellent choice!

The chocolate stars look yummy too!

Delana@dujour said...

oh my, Trader Joe's here I come. We didn't have one in our town so I would drive to Minneapolis (100 miles) to load up. Mostly on wine but it's a perfect place for a single person to buy food. May I suggest another way to shop there? Check out the second video on this page.

http://www.foodrenegade.com/freegans-say-no-to-waste-by-dumpster-diving/

Alyce said...

I'm the same way about pretty bottles (and we don't even drink wine). My husband brought me back a maple leaf shaped syrup bottle from a trip to Vermont that I loved. He hasn't purchased any odd shaped bottles since then - I think he realized we would soon have a large collection because I can't bear to part with them.

Trader Joe's is quite the place - so many temptations!

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...