Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dreaming of France -- French Music


Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
Maybe we can all satisfy our yearnings for France, until we get there again.
On a warm afternoon this week, Grace and I were walking to our small downtown to visit the chocolate shop.
"This would be perfect if we only had French music," she said.
So I pulled out my iPhone and pressed the Pandora app. I set it to "Under Paris Skies Radio" and we listened to French songs for the rest of the walk.
Pandora is an online radio station and when you choose an artist or song that you like, it chooses other songs that are similar.
Whenever I'm missing France, I listen to "Under Paris Skies Radio." Here's a sample for you from Pearl Django


9 comments:

Virginia said...

I"m in. I"ve included my fav photo from my blog this week!
V

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

I like the Sunday post as my Mondays have an accelerated start! Thank you for that great tip. I listen to French radio when I am working at my computer, but had forgotten about Pandora!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for the reminder.

Bises,
Genie

Sim Carter said...

J'adore Pandora ... and this selection. Fun post this week!
Mines up too.

Eugenia O'Neal said...

Hi, just joined! Thought it was for Monday so I'm late.

Paulita said...

Eugenia, It is for Monday, but I put it up Sunday night late for those around the world people whose Mondays come earlier! Thanks for playing.

Meg @ A Bookish Affair said...

I've never been to France but this music makes me really want to go!

Anonymous said...

cool!
I also love listening to http://www.radioparischanson.com/

and there's an amazing free itunes app for radios from all over the world: Tunein Radio. from there you can search by location, by kind of radio, really cool. there are tons of French radios, talk, music, etc

Louise said...

I've not been interested in Pandora til now, but I might need to check it out. Great post thanks.

Techie For Help said...

Bon après. Venez écouter et télécharger tous les mp3 de téléchargement de musique sur notre site gratuit et légal. Sans inscription! Télécharger gratuitement tous les morceaux de la meilleure qualité de notre site web mp3ici.com

Telecharger musique gratuitement

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...