Tuesday, February 12, 2013

First Paragraph, Teaser Tuesday -- Going Underground

Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
I've gotten really addicted to reading on my Kindle. I love standing in line and being able to pull out my phone to pass the time. I downloaded this book to my Kindle. I thought I had read this author's book awhile ago, but it was a book by the same name with a different author. So now, I really have the book Going Underground by Suzie Tullett. And she is a blogging friend and on my Yahoo writers group.
Here's the intro:
"There's a distinct musical theme to this funeral, isn't there?" whispered Tracey to Jonathan and as she took another look around at the other guests, she was beginning to wonder what she'd gotten herself into.
Also this week is Teaser Tuesdays. Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Open to a random page of your current read and share a teaser sentence from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
Here's my teaser from 34 (14%):
A scooter horn beeped outside, signalling its rider's growing impatience and with no time to write anything else, he simply put down the words: "Sorry. Will explain everything when I get back" Then, as he hoped against all hope that that would be enough of an explanation until he did, indeed, return home, he put the note inside an envelope and gently kissed it, before placing it in the centre of the table.
I hope this is a fun ride, like it promises.

8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, it does sound good.....thanks for sharing!

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Sim Carter said...

That cover is crazy cool - so fun and colorful. I read mostly on my Nook and the one thing I miss about having a book in hand is being able to look back at the cover periodically. That's a cover I would want to keep coming back to:)

JoAnn said...

I got a kindle for Christmas and am quickly becoming addicted to reading on it, too. Nice intro!

Anonymous said...

Well it made me laugh so yes, keep reading!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'd read more; like the cover -- kinda odd. Thanks for joining us this week. I always look forward to your intros.

Suzie Tullett said...

Thanks for featuring Going Underground, Paulita. Hope you're enjoying the read, it was such fun to write.

And thanks for the lovely comments about the cover, Guys. It certainly reflects the madness of the journey these characters go on. Plus, as it's a comedy, a fun cover was essential x

Staci said...

I would keep reading...wondering what type of funeral it is!!

Kate said...

You should definitely keep reading its s great book..

Kate :)

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...