Thursday, March 14, 2013

Florida Respite

I'm in Florida this week visiting my parents. My parents, in their mid-70s, decided in the fall that they really needed a party house.
That's why we haven't eaten dinner in the same room twice so far. So many rooms to choose from.
They bought a beautiful house near the clubhouse of the golf course where they play probably 5 times a week.
The house has a screened in porch with a bar. Another screened in porch with a pool. A sun deck. And another screened in porch off the master bedroom. So plenty of outside space.

 Indoors, there's a great room with a long dining table, seating area and fireplace. There's a media room with two level seating and, of course, a big screen TV.
And there's a game room looking out on the pool.
My favorite part of the house though is the view from any of the porches or the sun deck or the bedroom windows.
I wish you all could sit here with me and  hear the call of the birds, the chirp of the frogs at night, and even the barks of the alligators. It's so peaceful and even when the Sandhill Cranes start calling, it sounds a little like I imagine Africa would sound. 

5 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Wow that's a party house for sure! Have a great time!

Lucia said...

Looks and sounds wonderful a perfect time to unwind!

Just Me said...

Oh my gosh, what a house, so many rooms. And so many porches - always my favorite room in a house!

Loved the picture of the lake - I could nearly hear the birds and frogs.

Enjoy & Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Gosh, I wish I were there too. Sounds very nice on a cold winter day.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Great place for a late winter getaway.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...