Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday Snapshot -- Babies

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme, post a photo that you (or a friend of family member) have taken. Then leave a direct link to your post on West Metro Mommy. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.
Our life has been blessed with babies recently. Some we get to see frequently, others not so much.
In June, we got to meet my nephew's baby. They live in Texas and Oliver was 10 months old when we met him.
That's my 19-year-old son hanging out with Oliver. He has surprised me, and himself, by enjoying the babies this summer. 
Spencer's favorite baby is Grant, Earl's niece's baby.
Grant stayed with us on two different days in July. He was 6 months old at the time. He's happy pretty much all the time.
Spencer says he loves Grant because he has a big head and makes funny expressions. He also has huge chunky thighs. He's so squeezable.
People always say babies are beautiful, but most babies aren't beautiful -- they're adorable and lovable and cuddly, but one of the babies we love is beautiful.
Regan, Earl's goddaughter, baby of his niece, just turned a year old. She came out with the most beautiful skin. 
Here she is with me, getting a photo taken by her 3-year-old sister.


Then here is Regan again celebrating her grandma's birthday.
Hope you have something as wonderful as babies in your world today. 

11 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Nothing tops babies, Paulita! And you are right about Regan...she should be in a commercial or an ad for baby food.

Enjoy them...I miss babies. My youngest grandson is ten!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Peggy Ann said...

Their all so beautiful!

Jackie McGuinness said...

I do love other people's babies but happy enough when they go home.

Christine Harding said...

What a large family you must have - and what super photos of all the babies. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/XT7zg4

Brona said...

Babies make a family complete. My little 10mnth old nephew is simply scrumptious - he can blow a nice juicy raspberry for up to 5 mins!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

These are so sweet. It's nice to see your son is not too macho to hang out with a little one.

Linda said...

I love babies and have 9 (!) grandchildren. Nothing sweeter when they are between the ages of 6 and 9 months. Had a baby 1 1/2 years for a week lately who was very strong willed and a screamer for hours some nights. That's not so cute.

Just Me said...

LOVE the baby pictures. Must have been delightful !

Louise said...

It's great getting to know babies! You have some cute ones there- I know exactly what you mean about squeezable.

aguja said...

So cute!
I tried to link with the Saturday Snapshot, but couldn't. BUT you could check out my post to see what I was going to link.

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

So cute! And I see your son has discovered the appeal of a sweet visiting baby too.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...