Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday Snapshot -- College Paradise

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme, post a photo that you (or a friend of family member) have taken. Then leave a direct link to your post on West Metro Mommy. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.
I keep saying that my life is going to slow down and I'm going to have more time to devote to blogging. That's not happening so far, but maybe soon since my second son is safely delivered to college in Florida.
Here's a picture of the two of us sitting on the deck of The Hurricane restaurant on St. Petersburg Beach. It's become a tradition now for us to have lunch at The Hurricane before dropping him off for a year on his own.
Even though he towers a foot taller than me, I still feel that twang in my belly when we drive away from campus knowing I won't see him again for at least three months.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute photo...nice tradition.

It is difficult to let them go.

Have a good weekend.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Saturday Snapshot

grammajudyb said...

What a great pic. My sister-in-law says the worst thing about raising independent children is that they are independent!

Ginx Craft said...

Cute photo. Although my son is only 14 I keep thinking it won't be very many years before he is gone.

Vicki said...

What a great photo!! I think it's awesome that he's going to college in St. Petersburg!! When I was growing up in Columbus, my family went to St. Pete Beach every year for our winter vacation. I live in Florida now and it's still my favorite place ever!!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Great photo!

Louise said...

What a lovely memory for you both that photo will be. It must be very hard to go from daily life together to seeing them every few months, I've done that as a daughter, but not as a mother yet.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

WOW (2) FL college kids now? I love the photo.

Just Me said...

Great Photo ! He looks a lot like you.

Peggy Ann said...

Great pic of the two of you!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...