Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Room With a View as Writing Inspiration

I'm busy writing and editing today. I've passed 35,000 words in my Nanowrimo efforts and as I was writing a love scene, I had to return to one of my favorite lines from Room With a View when Cecil asks Lucy if he can kiss her. She says, "Well, of course, you may, Cecil. You might have before. I can't run at you, you know."
Here's the scene from youtube. The kiss comes around 3 minutes.
And, as a comparison, we must revisit the scene of the kiss in an Italian poppy field. This was what she compared -- Cecil's  kiss and George's kiss.
Love the soaring Italian opera music. I might have stuck with the Italian drive myself but Julian Sands is divine in this.
Which would you choose?
Lovely to remember and enjoy as I continue my solitary life as a writer.

4 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Hi Paulita, I have been enjoying reading your blog this morning. Again I am in awe of you…. writing a second novel…very impressive.

Thanks for always stoping by my blog. I left you a reply but didn't know if you would check back. The answer to your question is: Om Puri plays the father. I have a photo of him on this post:
http://sallytharperowlesbetweenherethere.blogspot.com/2013/09/and-action.html

All the best,
Sally

Paulita said...

Thanks, Sally. Looking forward to reading the book and seeing the movie. You were so lucky to watch the filming.

Linda said...

I never saw this movie, or read the book. I'll do it one day.

Adria said...

This is one of my very favorite films... And I can still watch it over and over! Just beautiful... Thanks for sharing the clip!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...