Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Snapshot -- Growing Up Swimming

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme, post a photo that you (or a friend of family member) have taken. Then leave a direct link to your post on West Metro Mommy. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.
I'm spending this morning at a swim meet. Swim league championships. This is my 7th year in a row to go to high school league champs at the same pool. I know exactly where we will sit so we can get good pictures. But, this is my final year because my baby boy is a senior.
Here's a picture of him being adorable.
This was the age when he used to walk down the stairs, one foot at a time holding onto the rungs under the railing, and when he got to the bottom he'd say, "Here's Tucker!" Oh, what I would give for that kind of excitement now.
And here he is a few weeks ago in his manly hairiness and a Speedo, which really looks good on no one.
When I was looking for a swim picture of Tucker, I found this one from when he was 11. 
Compare it to the one of him a few weeks ago. 
 He still pushes the goggles up to his eyes as a nervous habit. 
Hope you all have a warm and fun weekend. 

6 comments:

Brona said...

We're also feeling rather reflective as our eldest is going into his senior highschool years - we have a box full of soccer photos instead :-)

Louise said...

It's amazing to see them grow up. My son is turning into a teenager, and my little boy is going/gone even if my lovely son is still there. The photos make it all the more real. Funny how nervous habit stick around as they grow up too.

gautami tripathy said...

I love that "adorable" photo! Then they grow up to be handsome boys!

Thanks for sharing!

Here is my snapshot post.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Those sweet baby moments pass so quickly...and then they are grown! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Esme said...

Funny how some things do not change.

Ginx Craft said...

He has grown up very handsome. My son is at the inbetween stage.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...