Saturday, May 02, 2015

Saturday Snapshot -- Class Selfie


Join West Metro Mommy for this weekly meme of photos people have taken and share on their blogs.
This semester, I had a small class of advanced composition. We started out with about 12 students, and they were a lackadaisical bunch, except for two very devoted girls who came every time.
Even though I constantly nagged them to work harder, we had a good time.
I raged at them one day that they might be a good class to hang out with, but I wouldn't want my pay based on their grades. (That's something they're talking about doing for elementary through high school teachers in Ohio. Their pay would be based on student performance.)
So on Friday they gave presentations based on the persuasive papers they wrote.
For some of them, it was like defending their doctoral thesis because the other students challenged their premises.
At the end of class, the students said, "Let's take a selfie!"
"I'll take a picture of all of you," I said.
"No, you have to be in it," Madelyn cried.
So we all lined up, and Dan, who is very tall with very long arms, snapped a selfie of us.
What a fun class and a fun memory.

We have one more class, but since they've finished their finals, we make take a field trip to Starbucks, which is within walking distance.

9 comments:

Esme said...

Do you now get the summer off-if so I am green with envy-(a pun on the green eggs) the French celebrate April 1 with fish-which is why you may have seen so many fish-I think we were there the same time-I wonder if we crossed paths. Have a great day.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Selfies are fun...and who knew that camera phones could be such an important part of our lives?

Thanks for sharing....and for visiting my blog.

Indrani said...

I too feel selfies are fun. :) It truly frames the essence of the moment.
Have a great Sunday!

Vicki said...

What a good looking group! You all look so happy!

Louise said...

They do look a fun group. I would have been difficult to get to work at that age too. I'm still like that at times.

Unknown said...

sounds like an interesting job :) I prefer being behind the camera myself

Ginx Craft said...

They look like a really sparky group.

gautami tripathy said...

I am no good at selfies....

:(

Here is my post

Just Me said...

What a great pic. I would love to have had a professor like you.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...